Harlem RBI's mission is to provide inner-city youth with opportunities to Play, Learn and Grow. We use the power of teams to coach, teach and inspire youth to recognize their potential and realize their dreams.
Harlem RBI's unique brand of youth development, which includes participation on a baseball or softball team and engagement in group-based academic and enrichment programming, has evolved over the organization's 22-year history to best meet the needs of East Harlem and South Bronx youth.
Harlem RBI teaches and emphasizes the importance of:
- and of course, Fun!
Our programs help youth to be:
- Physically and mentally healthy, able to avoid risk behaviors
- High school graduates
- College graduates
- Work-ready, with the basic knowledge and skills to find and maintain a job
- Good teammates, friends and family members, cultivating positive relationships with peers and adults
- Confident, competent and caring members of their communities
- Active citizens who participate in their community's social and political life